Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Left Turns

Left Turn and Urbanite

I don't quilt my work generally. I need to change that especially on the smaller items. I quilted 2 items that have been sitting for a year on one, and almost 2 years on the other. Finally got off my duff and went for it. While the quilting is very simple, I am still not completely comfortable working on my domestic. I always feel like I need just one more arm but know that the more I do, the better I will get.

Left turn - Derived from an image of a modern rug. It just screamed, I am a quilt, not a rug.


I found an image while searching for mid century art or images or some such and came across a picture that I liked in both shape and color. 


Then, on the QDAD FB group, a challenge was put forth based on an image of architecture with a specific palette I really liked. 



Took me over a year to put the two together, the shape I liked and the palette I loved. The result is Urbanite.



I participated in the MQG Mini Swap and was paired with another Julie in Australia. We got to chat a bit via messenger so got to learn each other tastes a bit more. Julie liked oranges and teals, and i said, "Like the patina of aged copper?", she looked it up and said yes, exactly that so I knew precisely what palette I would use.

Patina for Julie Haywood, my MQG Mini Swap Partner down under.


No comments:

Post a Comment