Monday, August 14, 2017

Challenges..

I took part in a group improv challenge and it was such fun. The challenge was to use scraps and orphan blocks ( ones left over or never finished) and create an improvisational piece from a picture.

So, I had found this picture of a nice little mid century credenza, but really loved the art sitting on it more.


It was the perfect starting point for me. So I went thru my orphaned things looking for blues and greys and lights that would work well. Then I hit the scrap drawers and pulled more fabrics

I had some nice things in the orphan pile like some cyan prints done at a LMQG class and some other piecing left over or not used.



So, off it went to play, and here is the result.


I call this piece Metro and it reminds me of San Francisco, where I grew up. 

The moral of this post..challenge yourself..you will usually be pleasantly surprised with the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment